Stock Market Graph

Search Results

Search

Journey to $1 Million, August 31, 2021

It is the last day of August, and today we need to review the seasonality of the markets going into September so we can be ready for it all. This is the first year that I have started to let data influence much more of my decision making, for better or worse.


No alerts went off today, but we are in the middle of several positions.

25% OFF Trend Spider - I would like to thank Trend Spider for the awesome charting tools. It is one of the best technical analysis tools out there. Everything is automated for you if you are not so good at TA or don't have the time for it. Highly recommended to check them out. TRENDSPIDER. Use code PS25 for 25% off! Check our my Trend Spider Video!

Positions Update:


Open

$TGT -5.45% (Calls)

$TTWO -4% (Calls)

$EBON -6.44% (puts)

$SCHD +0.37% (commons)


Closed

$SOXL +20% (Commons) - Cut this one at 20% as I'll use the capital for other positions. However, I am still bullish long term.

$AMZN +30% (Calls) - Cut at 30% profit as this was a high dollar position, so I am happy with the profit. Will consider reentering at a later date.


The open positions are mostly down for now although we have a lot more time and I will be watching them closely this week.

WeBullis giving away 4 FREE STOCKS up to $2300if you sign up and deposit your first $100. That could be a 40% ROI+ on your money and it is totally free to do so. I highly recommend WeBullas a broker as they have all you need for basic technical analysis, news feed, analysts, price targets, financials, etc. Check them out by using my link to help support all of my free content that I put out daily.

Alerts


EBON is flirting with the 50MA again today and if you aren't already in the position, there is still a good chance. I'd go small and give yourself a month or two out in strike for the $2.50p.


AI is another short term put that I am interested in. It is more or less in the same classification as EBON as far as I am concerned. It looks as if we might get a confirmation candle tomorrow. Keep posted and go small.


HD, Home Depot, is one that I have been considering for some time now, but waiting for it to pull back to get better entry and thus justifying a bigger position. HD typically does well into the winter months, especially October and November, over the last 10 years according to Trend Spider's seasonality. While we are waiting for it to consolidate back to the 180MA, I think we can snag a short term call off of a VWAP support.

If you like what we are doing and the community we are building, please consider supporting our channels and blog. Get real time trading alerts pinged on your phone.

If you would like to be considered to be in a small group of Apprentices and work closer with me, please contact me through DMs or emails.

What to expect in September?

The honest answer to this question is, it is anyone's guess. Let's be honest, there has been very little that is considered normal about this year and last. From inflation and tapering to Covid and Afghanistan, what could we possibly expect.


VTI, or the total stock market ETF, clearly shows that in the past 10 years, September was the worst month.

September for SPY, S&P 500, is tied for the worst month over the past 10 years.

Same with DIA, or the Dow Jones.

QQQ, or Nasdaq, is tied for the worst month with December. The percentage numbers you are looking at represents what percent chance the stock/ETF has of finishing out that month positive, or with gains. So, over the past 10 years, VTI has a 44% chance of finishing September up, or a 56% chance of falling.


Obviously past performance doesn't indicate future results, but we are in the age of data and analytics, and I find it very interesting to consider this and use it as a lead when we are investing and trading.


Do you remember last September? The Nasdaq fell almost 14% in a three week time span. (Just imagine what this did to my TQQQ).

There is nothing we can do but prepare for every outcome. This is why I have been taking profits, going smaller than normal, buying up safer positions (SCHD) and other things getting ready for the September dip. Am I selling everything? No. Am I prepared if we do dip? Yes. Keep some cash on hand, ready to buy the dip.


Why do the markets pull back in September/Fall? It is because investors are taking profits from hot summer tech stocks or growth plays that they had and are getting ready for a winter run. The stock market is seasonally cyclical. Money flows out of one sector and into another. That is a sign of a healthy market. As you can imagine some companies do better in the holiday season, leading up to Christmas. AMZN, TGT, WMT, DG? And others don't.


This is why I don't sell everything and run for the hills. Sometimes as investors we need to remember to take profits, and rebalance our portfolios. So from now on, let's do the rebalancing in August.

Do you want a Visa Card that gives you up to 8% cash back in Crypto? Free Netflix & Spotify? Also possibly AirBnb & Expedia monthly reimbursements? Earn up to 14.5% on your Crypto HODL portfolio! I do. Check out Crypto.com and get $25 if you sign up for one of their Visa Cards. I will start running all of my daily expenses through this card and I estimate will save around $10,000 per year. (If you don't stake you can still get 1% cash back, and if you stake only $400 it is 2% plus earn 10%p.a. on the $400)

Disclaimer: The comments opinions and analysis expressed herein are for informational and educational purpose only and should not be considered as individual advice or recommendations. Prostockadvice.com is not responsible or liable in any way for opinions expressed here. This is not meant to be financial advice as we are not a licensed financial advisor.